Custom Design + Development of e-learning and blended learning programs
Tamara brings more than twenty years of curriculum design and facilitation experience to a broad spectrum of clients including provincial and municipal governments; crown corporations; post-secondary institutions; private enterprise; and the independent school sector.
Tamara’s extensive public service background and senior management experience have proven invaluable to the classroom learning she designs, customizes and facilitates – ensuring participants come away with simple, practical and relevant tools that can be applied immediately, back on the job.
Empowered Learning solutions focus on the needs of today’s workplace and learner by leveraging the learning opportunities that already exist at work and that respect the competing demands of both the learner and their organization.
Tamara is dedicated to helping organizations transform their learning culture to one that is action-based — exposing employees and learners at all levels to the knowledge, perspectives and experiences they need to be successful.
My mission is to teach people how to become self-directed learners with the digital skills and entrepreneurial mindset to develop their creative talents into purpose-driven careers.
I leverage all of the upsides of a digitally delivered/on-line learning program (asynchronous delivery supported by multi-media at a low cost), without all of the down-sides (low knowledge retention and/or no behaviour/practice change).
Skills & Expertise
Video eLearning Producer
Learning Content Developer
LMS Migration Specialist
- Developed and taught Web Programming, Career Development and Entrepreneurship in a blended learning format to maximize flexibility for students while achieving outcomes articulated by the British Columbia Ministry of Advanced Education
- Utilize a variety of online learning tools to deliver content and activities, including virtual labs
- Adapt content and activities throughout course to respond to needs and feedback of students
- Conduct thorough review of current research into training and development for adult learners and teachers
- Develop specific, measurable learning outcomes to guide course development
- Write and produce content, media, and activities to support the achievement of learning outcomes
- Develop using an agile iterative cycle including quality assurance review at key stages
- Gather and reported on feedback from test users to inform future development