Custom Design + Development of e-learning and blended learning programs
Successive Approximation Model (SAM)
My process begins with an interview and questionnaire designed to identify key elements needed to design an effective e-learning course, such as training needs, the learning objectives, and the learner profile. Using this basic, iterative approach, everyone’s ideas and assumptions can be discussed, prototyped, and tested early on bringing you closer to a useable product more quickly.
From the outline, I begin to create a blueprint and start to plan and structure the content, including learning activities, exercises, assessments, visual design and interface design.
From the storyboard, functional prototypes are created. The exercises, activities, graphics are created and tested.
This is the phase where the course is uploaded to a Learning Management System (LMS) or put online so learners can access it.
Interactive E-Learning Courses
Transform your course ideas and classroom programs into exciting online programs. Using Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, H5P or our own in-house tools, we’ll work with you to create effective elearning that encourages knowledge transfer and learner engagement.
Online Courses for LMS Platforms
I have over ten years’ experience creating elearning programs delivered on various platforms. I’ve helped dozens of people create interactive courses with WordPress, D2L, Moodle and Totara.
I love creating screencasts, especially on software topics! In fact, I average creating over 100 screencasts every year. From quick internal demos to interactive videos with professional voice actors, I’m here to help.
Skills & Expertise
Video eLearning Producer
Learning Content Developer
LMS Migration Specialist
- Developed and taught Web Programming, Career Development and Entrepreneurship in a blended learning format to maximize flexibility for students while achieving outcomes articulated by the British Columbia Ministry of Advanced Education
- Utilize a variety of online learning tools to deliver content and activities, including virtual labs
- Adapt content and activities throughout course to respond to needs and feedback of students
- Conduct thorough review of current research into training and development for adult learners and teachers
- Develop specific, measurable learning outcomes to guide course development
- Write and produce content, media, and activities to support the achievement of learning outcomes
- Develop using an agile iterative cycle including quality assurance review at key stages
- Gather and reported on feedback from test users to inform future development